This delectable recipe is complements the spice isle “Grenada”. We have to warn you this is absolutely “sin on a spoon”. Feel free to share this treat with friends and family and be prepared to be amazed! An ice cream maker is a handy gadget to help you whip up this treat.
- 3/4 Pint (420ml) milk
- 3/4 Pint (420ml) heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 60z (170 g) sugar
- 1tbsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp vanilla essence
- In a saucepan bring the milk and the cream just to a boil. Do not boil but turn off the heat as soon as it gets to boiling stage.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, the sugar, the nutmeg, the salt, and the vanilla.
- Whisk 1/2 cup of the milk mixture into the egg mixture, and whisk the mixture into the remaining milk mixture.
- Cook the custard over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until it registers 175 degrees F. on a candy thermometer.
- Transfer the custard to a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir it until it is cold.
- Freeze the custard in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.