The aim of the workshop is to produce a cadre of teachers/persons with a satisfactory degree of competence/ability to render sewing machines functional.
Home Economics teachers work with a recurring problem that of dysfunctional sewing machines in the classroom, this problem creates a climate for:
- inadequate learning
- wastage of time
- inadequate use of available time
- wastage of material resources
General Objective: to empower Home Economics teachers with knowledge and skills to care, maintain and repair sewing machines.
- Practice Preventative Maintenance
- Clean Sewing Machine
- Oil sewing machines correctly and adequately
- Store sewing machines correctly, CXC Item writing, CXC School based Assessment, Family Health Prevention